We are proud to announce that Health and Safety Compliance Partnership Ltd are now members of ACAD!
We look forward to working with their Asbestos Liaison Group for the HSE.
ACAD (Asbestos Control and Abatement Division) was founded in 1994 by the Thermal Insulation Contractors Association (TICA) to meet a need for a trade association to improve the asbestos industry.
ACAD’s main aims and objectives are to:
- Improve overall Health & Safety standards within the industry
- Provide superior asbestos training to the industry
- Act positively to promote best working practices
- Provide accurate information to members and the industry as a whole
- Work closely with statutory bodies such as the HSE and the Environment Agency
To help do this ACAD meets regularly with the Health & Safety Executive and represents membership views on all of their Asbestos groups and committees including:
- Asbestos Liaison Group (ALG)
- ALG Technical Sub Committee
- Leadership and Management Working Group
- Training and Competency Working Group
ACAD supports HSE’s leadership events to help continue to improve standards and plays a critical role in the development of new industry guidance, such as the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) for the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
ACAD Membership provides a range of benefits, including representation and engagement with the HSE and access to ACAD’s technical committee.
Membership applicants undergo a strict vetting process, which includes initial and ongoing site audits by our team of respected auditors.