We are pleased to announce that our CHAS accreditation has been renewed again!
Health and safety is our core business therefore is good for our clients to know that we are constantly striving to improve standards.
In 1997 a group of health and safety and procurement professionals from across Great Britain worked with the Association of London Government (ALG) to develop CHAS. In 2001 CHAS became a web-based system.
CHAS started with two main aims.
- To improve health and safety standards across Great Britain.
- To reduce duplicated safety applications for both suppliers and buyers.
These days we have more than 500 public and private sector buyer organisations, such as councils, housing associations, NHS trusts, including a growing number of large private companies who employ sub-contractors.
Participating in the CHAS scheme helps both suppliers and buyers.
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS’ buyers.(Some Buyers may require “Accredited” Status)
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier’s safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources