Published online the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain and includes the following key annual figures (2014/15):
- 1.2 million working people suffering from a work-related illness.
- 2,538 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2013).
- 142 workers killed at work.
- 76,000 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR.
- 611,000 injuries at work from the Labour Force Survey.
- 27.3 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
- £14.3 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2013/14).